40 Things Everyone Should Know Before 30
1. Your body is a reflection of who you are. Take care of it. 🚴♂️ You also decide what to do with it.
2. Sleep is as important as food. But once you feel rested, do as much you can. You can not just sleep as much as you can.
3. The things we own affect how others treat us. Keep those people who treat you well when you had less in life.
4. You can feel down, but somehow choose few people to express your feelings.
5. Do not decide when you are too happy, sad or angry. At this time, you are blind and partial. Reflect and learn to reflect everyday.
6. Learn to enjoy but most importantly, learn how to be satisfied even things are imperfect. 😄
7. Your beliefs are neither right or wrong. It all depends on who sees it. Keep your beliefs but never force it anyone else.
8. There are 3 kinds of self-image: the one others see, another you are willing to show others and one you keep for yourself. 😎
9. There is only one kind of jealousy that is acceptable. Jealousy arising from failure of another to meet obligations discussed in open and mutually accepted. Other than that, jealousy is destructive. 🤨
10. Communication is a two-way process. You talk and listen. Listen more than talk. 🤫
11. Keep a few talkative friends. If you have many, make sure they respect your right to privacy. But keep friends who speak less, but do more. 😏
12. It is all in the mind. You can control your body and emotions with your mind. Try controlling your bodily urges, you'll see the positive effect on your life. 😋
13. Be patient. Make time as your ally. See the long-term benefits rather than satisfaction at the spur of the moment.🙏
14. You are unique and incomparable to anyone. You are the one who sets standards for yourself, not others.👍
15. No one should never dictate what you should do or decide. That includes your family and friends.
16. No one needs to suffer to gain something. We are tested but all sufferings could be prevented, rather than inevitable.
17. Your friends are as important as your family. Make friends with those who are older, younger, richer or poorer. You will learn a lot from them.
18. Work is tool to both meet your financial goals and provide structure to your life daily. It is not you. It is just apart of you.
19. Your mistakes are your responsibilities. Never blame another unless you made some form of self-criticism.
20. Complain when it is needed. Never settle for less. But be realistic and learn to compromise.
21. It is okay to commit mistakes or not know everything. Ask help when needed.
22. Building relationships and friendships involves trust, communication and doing activities together. It is all three or nothing.
23. The best gift you can give to anyone is your time and attention. Recognize and accept their weaknessess, the past, mistakes and decisions.
24. If anyone does not see your worth, let another appreciate it. Do not waste your time convincing another to appreciate you as you should be.
25. Work for your goals, but allot time for yourself and others. Keep the balance between this three.
26. Success is interpreted by others. Most important is that you are satisfied with what you do and who you are.
27. Intimacy and sex are important. Keep the fire burning. Let it last. You save a lot of stress by doing so. 🤪😘
28. Learn to let go of things and connections no longer giving you some form of positivity. That is self-respect.
29. Anxiety roots from not meeting your expectations. Lower them and enjoy every moment of your life.
30. Respect is not dependent on age or experience. It is mutually-given. The old respects the young, and vice versa.
31. Learn to say no. It is a sign that you know what you want. Respect those who say no. A person who never say no lacks identity and self-confidence.
32. Learn to thank people in 3 ways: in a sarcastic, casual and genuine way. Use gratitude to make others know what you think of them.
33. Learn to smile in 4 situations: when your happy, when you are sad, when you are angry, and everytime you see another. Do not underestimate the power of smile. 😀
34. Trust is important. If you believe in God, trust him. If you don't, learn to trust people closest to you and most importantly, yourself.
35. Due diligence is valuable. Do not just believe everything what others say. Remember advices but hey research before you decide.
36. Do everything what you can do but remain ambitious. Be realistic though by looking unto your available options.
37. When you reach 30, you will start evaluating your life and ask yourself how would live the rest of your time.
38. You never own anyone. Do not impose ownership unto others. Let them do what they want. But you decide you want to keep them in your life or not.
39. Adapt to change. The strength of a person is seen on how resilient you are.
40. We live only once. Perhaps help another in need. Reach out to others. Make their lives easy, rather than difficult. However, you can never help everyone. You are not Superman. You are just Mr.X or Ms.Y, equal just like anyone else.
Before I wrote all of these, I never thought I would enumerate 40! Think about everything I realized. I do not say that I learned and am doing what is written here. However, all of these are things I attempt to fulfill or improve in myself. These are also I think worthy for others to note and reflect.
Good day to everyone.